Cult Epics is proud to present DEATH LAID AN EGG (1968), directed by auteur filmmaker Giulio Questi (DJANGO KILL!, ARCANA) and starring legendary leading man Jean-Louis Trintignant (THE CONFORMIST) as a married man and suspected serial killer, Gina Lollobrigida (BEAT THE DEVIL) as his delectable yet overly domineering careerist wife, and Swedish blonde bombshell Ewa Aulin (CANDY) as his murderous double-crossing mistress in this mystery thriller.
DEATH LAID AN EGG is an avant-garde giallo that is more pertinent today than when it was first released in terms of its quite modern depiction of the battle of the sexes and the perils of technology. This Special Edition includes the Director’s cut, alongside the alternate International giallo “Plucked” version, both in fully restored 2K HD transfers, with completely new bonus features and limited edition slipcase printed with fluorescent inks to emulate the original theatrical poster.
Cult Epics website Exclusive: First 100 Pre-orders of Blu-ray receive a set of 8 Lobbycard Postcards. SOLD OUT!
- 2K HD Transfer (from original 35mm negative) of Director’s cut version in English and Italian language (105 mins)
- Director’s Cut Audio Commentary by Troy Howarth (Author of So Deadly, So Perverse: 50 Years of Italian Giallo Films vol. 1, 2, 3) and Nathaniel Thompson (Author of DVD Delirium and founder of Mondo Digital)
- 2K HD Transfer (from original 35mm negative) of alternate International giallo “Plucked” version in English and Italian language (91 mins)
- Review by Italian critic Antonio Bruschini HD
- Giulio Questi: The Outsider – the last interview HD 2010 (13 mins)
- Doctor Schizo and Mister Phrenic (2002) Short film by Giulio Questi (15 mins)
- English & Italian language Trailers HD
- Lossless LPCM 2.0 Mono audio tracks
- Optional English subtitles for Italian language versions and trailer
- Dual-layered disc
- Reversible Sleeve with original Italian poster art & Slipcase printed with fluorescent inks, both limited to first 2000 copies
Italy / 1968 / Color / Approx. 105/91 Mins / Aspect Ratio 1.85:00 . LPCM 2.0 Mono / English & Italian Language with optional English Subtitles
“A film that defies easy categorization, it veers uneasily between giallo, drug film, and science-faction, with heavy doses of romance and Antonioni-like weirdness.” –Robert Firsching, – AllMovie.com
“One of the most unusual artifacts of its culture and its time… the kind of dirty, nasty, but strangely brilliant sui generis film that exists, for whatever reason, only in particular nooks and crannies of cinematic consciousness…” Glen Kenny, Mubi
All products in this store actively support the future releases of Cult Epics. All items are original Cult Epics brand.